Free support services
Thanks to the 2021 Pink Tour, the Quebec Breast Cancer Foundation plans to raise more than $360,000. These donations will allow people affected by breast cancer to benefit from free support services throughout Quebec:
- Psychosocial support service: the Foundation offers a free psychosocial support service through individual or family meetings by telephone or videoconference. More than 500 people benefit from this service annually.
- Financial Assistance Program: each year, the Foundation pays out more than $400,000 to people affected by breast cancer, who have many expenses related to the disease.
- “My Active Health", a kinesio-oncology program: adapted for people at risk and affected by breast cancer, this program offers a multitude of services to get people to move in prevention, during and after breast cancer.
- Metastatic Breast Cancer Program: exclusive to people with metastatic cancer, this program offers support services, education as well as a research-funding component.
- Virtual Clinic: free, easy-to-use, accessible 24/7, this primary care service is offered to people diagnosed with breast cancer in the last 5 years and their families.
The impact of a donation
- A $25 donation allows four people to access the services of the Virtual Clinic.
- A donation of $50 covers accommodation for a woman undergoing treatment away from home.
- A donation of $80 allows four people to benefit from an adapted yoga class in oncology through “My Active Health.”
- A donation of $100 covers the cost of a psychotherapy session.
- A $350 donation provides five people with a physical rehabilitation session (physiotherapy, occupational therapy, massage therapy, osteopathy).
- A donation of $1,000 covers the cost of medication for one person with metastatic breast cancer for one month.