Free support services
The Quebec Breast Cancer Foundation aims to raise more than $410 000 with the 2022 Pink Tour. These donations will help people affected by breast cancer and their loved ones to enjoy free access to our support services all over Quebec:
- Psychosocial support service: A breast cancer diagnosis brings up many emotional challenges. Our social workers provide personalized support to beneficiaries in finding balance in their lives with individual or family sessions. Last year, 125 people were able to benefit from this service, for a total of 380 appointments.
- Financial Assistance Program: Breast cancer can throw off a personal or family budget. Our financial aid program provides eligible people with an amount of up to $1,000. In the past year, the Foundation has donated more than $300,000 to beneficiaries affected by breast cancer.
- “My Active Health", a kinesio-oncology program: Tailored for those at risk of and affected by breast cancer, this program offers a variety of effective and safe services to get people moving as a form of prevention as well as during and after treatments.
- Metastatic Breast Cancer Program: This unique program provides support tailored to the needs of people with metastatic breast cancer. Our goal? To improve their lives, break their isolation, and defend their rights and interests, as well as raise awareness within the population about this illness and fund research.
- Virtual Clinic: Free and easy to use, the Virtual Clinic is a primary care service offered to people diagnosed with breast cancer and their families. Doctors, nurses and other primary-care health professionals are available 24/7 to talk with people by chat, on the phone or by videoconference. Prescription renewals and medication delivery are also available, along with referrals to external specialists as needed. Since its creation in August 2020, the Virtual Clinic has helped 434 beneficiaries.
The impact of a donation
- A $25 donation allows four people to access the services of the Virtual Clinic.
- A donation of $50 covers accommodation for a woman undergoing treatment away from home.
- A donation of $100 covers the cost of a psychotherapy session.
- A $350 donation provides five people with a physical rehabilitation session (physiotherapy, occupational therapy, massage therapy, osteopathy).
- A donation of $1,000 covers the cost of medication for one person with metastatic breast cancer for one month.